Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Excitement and Christmas Presents


I have figured out that I Really Love Christmas! I remember trying not to get excited about it when I was little and thinking, at one point, that Christmas music was cheesy. BUT as I have gotten older Christmas has become more and more important to me; and now I LOVE Christmas music! I Love going into stores and hearing the music playing and have a special Christmas mix on my Ipod.:) Despite all my wonderful feelings for Christmas, I still get bogged down a little at times:
The hard part for me is getting all the presents. One, money is still an issues for us as a young couple still paying off our wedding. Two, I really WANT to get everyone awesome presents. Three, I used to have all the time in the world to MAKE awesome presents and put a lot of thought into the gifts I was going to get, but, with work and planning Robert's weekends home and taking EMTP at work and cats and LIFE it seems like it is harder and harder to get it together and be original. PLUS group gifts for parents are hard because some of us can't spend as much as others...I want everyone to know that I put thought into every gift, but sometimes I just wish I didn't have to buy all this stuff and could just MAKE great presents! I want EVERYONE to know I am thinking of them: work, family, friends, far and near!
Also, being separated from family and having to send so many gifts through the mail is another challenge within itself-no matter how much mom might say she doesn't want us to bother with sending anything.
And, Oh Yeah, what about Christmas cards and stamps? I Need a whole week off just to get ready for Christmas this year! At least Robert and I have chosen easy presents for each other: NEW TATTOOS! Something to look forward to.:)
Still, I listen to the Christmas music and watch all the Christmas movies and they remind me that Christmas is about love and family and that the gifts don't really matter at all. Right?
I hope no one takes this personally.:)

No comments: