Saturday, November 22, 2008

Updates and things

I can't believe it's been a week since I've written anything. I guess life has just been busy with work and sleep. Our district manager came in the other day and turned my world upside-down, which made me take steps to do things I don't normally do-like take down 50 heaters out of top stock while on a picker I have only driven 4 times. I only ran over one sidestack, though, so I'm getting better.:)

I had a scary night the other night. I woke up to dogs barking. I convinced myself it was a dream and almost fell back asleep, but became awake enough to realize that the dogs really WERE barking and they were in my backyard. Still slightly sleepy, I got up and peeked out the window in the kitchen door. My mind was playing tricks on me, I think, because I saw the one little dog that was barking and then I swear I saw a very big dog tail escape around the corner and almost knock our grill over. I tried to see it through all the other windows (looking out dark windows is one of my biggest fears), but couldn't find it, so my mind started thinking that it might have been a person and that the little dog was barking at a PERSON walking around my house at midnight. I Mean, none of the cats were around, so what else was there for the dog to bark at? And I know that the neighbors in the back have a little dog, but I'm not sure they have a big dog and there really aren't any other dogs around as far as I know. Needless to say, I didn't get very much sleep that night. I am really trying hard not to get worked up about stuff like this, but I AM being cautious, but if I get too cautious I get scared and that's just not good. I'm sure my mind was playing tricks on me and the dog was just being a dog and barking at nothing. I sent him home and I hope he won't come back again in the middle of the night!

The kittens have been coming to the house in singles or pairs, so I've been worried about them in this super cold weather, but they all showed up with Momma this morning and they seem to be fine. Goopy Eyes (Yes, he really needs a better name) seems to be doing better and the others are strong and healthy! I love my cats.

Robert comes home the day before Thanksgiving. I have to work late that night because we must prepare for Super Friday, but he will be home for 5 days and his best friend Monica is coming to visit for the weekend, so I'm totally psyched! 3 more days!

No comments: