Monday, November 10, 2008

Things I have learned about ME

No, mom, I'm not writing this so you can call me and give me advice. I was just thinking today-about the things that I thought bugged me. I got up and realized that I had left my dinner pan on the stove last night (covered, of course), but not put away, not washed, and with other dishes in the sink (just a few). I realized that this doesn't bother me so much as I thought. It also doesn't bother me when the house gets a little dusty; and the cat hair isn't nearly as noticeable when Robert's not around to sneeze at it. I'm realizing that, while I am nowhere near a slob, the little things that I was always worried about around the house were not because I was worried about them, but because I knew Robert was bothered by them...and I'm afraid I'm getting too relaxed for my own good.:) I mean, I dusted today for the first time since Robert left! Crazy, I know. BUT the funny thing is that the dust wasn't nearly as bad as when Robert is here. I really think that 80% of the dirt and dust must come from him. I know I don't need to vaccum or sweep NEARLY as much and the sheets don't smell funny so quickly because it's just my smell (which I suppose I really can't smell) that is on them. Even the cats seem to make less of a mess (although I swear they act crazier). Is it because I just don't care as much as Robert does about those little things? Or does he really make more of a mess? Do the cats really feel like they can run around and have more fun when he's not home? Huh.
Of course, I miss him terribly and wish he was here every moment, but I wonder if I will want to go back to watching every little detail when he comes back home for good. I guess I should just enjoy making my own schedule for now, huh?

No comments: