Friday, December 5, 2008

Life


BOY I'm getting bad at this. There really are SO MANY Things that I want to write down here and remember, but by the time I get home from work, take a shower, make dinner, feed the cats (well, actually, they get fed first!), and sit down to eat and watch whatever TV show I Have DVRd...I can't remember what it is I want to write about. I don't even want to pull the computer off the table and put it in my lap to write anymore. I guess we all go through phases. I am actually in a book reading phase right now, which I'm really excited about because I don't feel like I Read enough anymore. Unfortunately I have no bedside light, so I have to read with my book light which leaves me in a very dark room with almost complete silence which freaks me out a little bit. Still, I'm getting better at being alone and the neighbor's dog hasn't come over for a week now:).

I finally interviewed for the Department Manager position in my department-Seasonal. I also started EMTP on the same day. After I got through the interview (quite well, I thought, except for my Talking Hands) Ryan, my store manager, informed me that he is going to fill TWO positions from these interviews: Inside AND Outside Gardens! Which means I might not have a choice about which department I get! I kind of knew this was going to happen and it's not necessarily a bad thing because, since he has 2 positions open, he can't pull the "not done with EMTP" thing on me. I feel really confident that I will get one of the positions even though 3 of us interviewed and I feel like I really WILL get Inside Garden because no sane Store Manager would put someone as a manager in Outside Garden if they knew that person wasn't going to be there through the 100 days of hell, which I don't plan on doing-and Ryan knows that. Still, he also might feel that I should experience a new department. I see this point, but I don't really feel like that is something that needs to come into my life right now-unless he wants to give me a whole new OSLG staff and a LOT of overtime hours.:) Lacey and I both want to stay inside, but, the bright side is that whoever ends up out there will be fully supported by whoever ends up staying inside. We are going to try to run the departments as ONE department with TWO department managers. I'm not sure how this will work, but I'll let you know when I figure it out. Lacey and I have very different styles of managing, so I'm curious to see how it works. I wouldn't MIND being out there, but, damn it, I just don't want to have to lift rocks and sod and cut Christmas Trees! I'm sorry, that might sound silly, but it's just not something I enjoy...I enjoy it even less than pushing lawnmowers!:) We find out on Monday who ends up where. Wish me luck.

The cats and I are finding life without Robert pretty boring, but I find that I have some of the most awesome moments with them. I was laying on the couch with Jade on my stomach last night and she was doing that great thing where cats just stare at you from inches away from your face and she was just
loving it when I rubbed her and the look of complete contentment in her eyes just made me so happy. I think I love my cats as much as a mother loves her children.:) Ah, time to take a shower! If I don't do it now it'll never happen.:)

No comments: