Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008


I would say that Christmas this year was the least stressful of Christmases since we came back to the South in 2005. It was nice to be able to spend the night at Middle Earth and not have to rush off in the morning. AND I actually helped with the food-even made some really excellent baked french toast. I Wish I had remembered to take a photo because it turned out really well for a first try.
I Love watching the little girls open their presents and get so excited about giving out presents to everyone else. I wish that I could still get that feeling. I remember it when I was little and the entire Russell family would come over to the big house for Christmas...all the stockings lining the staircase and the big living room doors being closed until we all ate our breakfasts.:) I think this stopped when I was around 10 years old, but it's still my favorite kind of Christmas. That's why I love going to dad and Lisa's because we get to sit around and play cards and read books and try not to let Lisa get too stressed. And, unlike all those Christmases when I was a kid, Dad is there now.:)
Oh, and I got some great gifts-nothing too fancy, but I Like it that way. Robert got me a book and DVD on how to play the piano, which is so great-now all we have to do is get the piano tuned! Robert's mother gave me a pearl necklace-all the Harris women have one-SO touching! Dad and Lisa got me this amazing pendant of the Galactic Butterfly, which is so beautiful. And mom sent us the wreath and Nissua that are so important to the holiday season.
Overall, a perfect holiday.

No comments: