Friday, October 31, 2008

Politics and Opinions

Here is something that I want to say and say loudly. I am actually a little angry at the situation. Yesterday I sent out an e-mail telling people about the glassbooth website that I found, purely because I found it full of information, NOT because I was trying to tell people who to vote for-it could not have been construed as that in any way.
This morning I received an e-mail response from a family member telling me that she FELT that there was only one way to vote to help change our country. I was relatively okay with this, even though there was no elaboration as to what supported her thoughts. Then, this evening, I received an e-mail from another family member who informed me that:

"
there is nothing hard about the choice we face.
Working people, this great country,
and the world have the future of all to consider.
Only Obama can give us a chance for a new future".

For some reason this 2nd e-mail just really ticked me off. It was like I was being told that there was no other way to vote. PERIOD. THAT'S IT. I felt like I was being told I was stupd for considering both candidates!
Living in the South, I have been surrounded by people forcing their Republican opinions down my throat day in and day out (except for my dad and step-mother). I have only found one other person who is willing to
discuss the election instead of espousing Republican ideals and what's wrong with Obama. Now I'm getting the same thing from the North?! That is not okay. I have never tried to push my opinions about something like this on other people, so why do they feel the need to do this to me? I did not ask anyone's advice in my e-mail and I surely didn't ask to be told how to vote! The fact that I feel that I will be voting for Obama is beside the point! Every candidate has their strong points and their drawbacks and I am honestly trying to weigh both out to see which is more logical. That is all. Give me your opinion, yes, but don't force your ideas on me!

No comments: