Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lindsay Lohan & "Ugly Betty"

I'm not sure why I turned out the way I am. My mother was not a judgemental person. She taught me right from wrong, not to judge, to always be fair, to always be positive, and to NEVER use the word "Hate". I've pretty much stuck by these rules-or tried to-but sometimes there are things and people out there that just disgust me and I feel like there is no way for me to hold back. I have used the word Hate seriously twice in my life and it's really close to a 3rd time with Lindsay Lohan. I'm not sure what it is about her, but she just seems to represent everything that is wrong with Hollywood these days...she IS Hollywood in the most negative ways: going to rehab before the age of 21, being too skinny, partying all the time, boob jobs...everything that makes girls like me feel like there is something wrong with us...and then she continues to play all these roles where she plays the BITCH perfectly, which is not exactly the best role-model for kids who watch TV today.

"Ugly Betty" is one of my favorite TV shows because, despite making enough money to have a personal trainer now, America Ferrara really tries to help the world to see the beauty in
everyone through this show. When they brought Lindsay Lohan on I was shocked that someone like her would be allowed on the show...when I started watching her on the show I was so disgusted I actually fast-forwarded through some parts of the 3rd episode she was in. UGH. I just really really dislike how mean she can be. She's so petty and materialistic and typical. She plays it so well it just doesn't seem like she could possibly be a nice person. And it's always so back-handed and sarcastic and covered by the innocent little scratchy voice she has! It makes me so sad that she is on such a great, uplifting show like "Ugly Betty". She doesn't deserve it.
Maybe all this means is that she is a good actor, but I Don't really care. I just DO NOT LIKE HER. Yuck.
Okay, that's my rant for the day. Yes, she really DOES make me this angry.

No comments: