Friday, October 31, 2008

Becoming too Simple

I am afraid that I am becoming one of those people who only watches simple, funny media. I used to watch artsy films and get drawn in. I used to watch sad and depressing and feel the emotion. Now I watch movies that are all about the talk and end up wanting to fast forward or multi-task while I watch. Is my attention span getting shorter? Is my brain functioning on a lower level? Why is it that I am not nearly as interested in the artsy, wordy, and poignant films I used to love to watch? Maybe my life is getting complicated enough that I just am not drawn to anything that adds to that. I don't know. I feel like I am cheapening myself; like, maybe I need to go back to school to really get my brain working again. I don't want to be one of those people who watch movies for the stupid comedy or the big explosions. I don't want to be uncomfortable with watching conflict or annoying people...I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting to escape through movies in a simple way, it's just that media has always meant so much more to me...
Watch THE TV SET...it is everything I was afraid would happen to me if I actually went into the writing business...scary stuff...but life really does come down to morals or money sometimes...I'm glad I'm not there.
By the way, the movie really does have a great cast that carries off the sarcastic views really well. It is totally worth watching if you have the patience for it.

No comments: