Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Raising the Bar" & Mark Paul Gosselaar

How did he go from THIS:







to THIS:
It's the little things that make me think. You make think I'm weird for it, but, well, I don't care.
...I'm talking about the newest "courtroom drama" on the market, which happens to star the one and only Mark Paul Gosselaar.:) Those of us who grew up in the 80's and early 90's ALL had big crushes on the blondie of "Saved by the Bell" fame, but that didn't mean any of us were convinced that he was a good actor. The young Mark Paul could raise an eyebrow and make my heart throb, but, when he fell out of the lime light after he ran out of school bells to be saved from, I wasn't at all surprised. Later, when I heard that he was on "Law and Order" or "NYPD Blue" or whatever cop show it was, I was surprised to see him back and in a serious role to boot, but I wasn't convinced that he could play it and I really don't enjoy pure cop shows-so, I didn't watch it.
BUT, when "Raising the Bar" started its drumrole in July I was intrigued because I was sure that the guy with the long, wavy brown hair was the Mark Paul of my younger days...and it WAS him. I hate to say it, but I decided to watch the show-purely to find out if the hair was real...well, and partly because the guy who played Gunn on "Angel" was on the show too. So, now I'm enjoying following the lives of many interesting characters, played by many well-known and talented actors...and all because I couldn't believe that the beach blonde babe of my younger days had now turned into a serious, almost middle-aged, long-haired, lawyer actor type. How funny it is how my mind works.:) But, really, who knew the man of 3 names had real talent AND could transform himself so completely?

No comments: