Monday, October 27, 2008

One of those lists...

I'm not sure where to start here...I just have a bunch of stuff going through my head, which is why I enjoy the blog because I can type way faster than I can write and because I don't have to worry about being grammatically correct, right?

1) Today was the first day I used the heat in the house since March. I even put on the wool socks that my grandmother knitted for me and sent down here. I Love these socks. They are warm, but light and the colors are so pretty! Every time I wear them I go back to the days when Nam and I would spent time knitting together. I think I finished a couple of little scarves and almost a whole pair of socks. I was really good at dropping stitches, which turned out to be a bad thing, so I think that's why I stopped. Still, wearing the socks makes me want to start again. There IS one drawback, though: when I walk, the knitting of the socks rubs the bottoms of my feet the wrong way and they get sore.:( Anyway...Of course, if Robert had been home today the heat wouldn't have been on because he is like a heater himself and I would just cuddle up to him when I was cold.:)

2) Speaking of Robert, it might be a little pre-mature, but I'm almost completely sure that he will be staying in Louisiana for a while. His bosses have just put him in a trial run as the Head Supervisor on this project building a 4 story marine quarters building that will be put on top of a very large barge once Robert's crew finishes building it. They hired him to replace the woman who was running the project: they interviewed him, fired her at noon, and put him in her office at 3 'o clock this afternoon! I'm really excited for him because he deserves this kind of position, but being away from him for weeks at a time and then only having 2 days to spend together doesn't sound very exciting.
I can see the advantages of all these changes: Robert will be doing less strenuous work and will be in a position he really deserves, I will have time to work on all the little projects I tend to ignore most of the time, I can get back on a good workout schedule, I actually eat healthier when I don't feel rushed to make a meal that Robert will like (*smile*), we will be able to save more money and pay off some credit card debt, and other things too... but is all that worth being separated from my husband? I yo-yo back and forth between yes and no all day long.

3) Needless to say, if Robert does stay in Louisiana and this job works out, I will be writing on this blog a lot more often. It's only been a day since he left (again) and I've written 3 entries. I'm looking forward to clearing my brain out and sharing thoughts (although I'm not sure if anyone actually reads this), but I am trying my hardest not to get sucked in too far.:) I freely admit that the increase in writing will partly be because I'm lonely without my husband, but it's also because I've just got more time to express myself. Writing has always been a passion of mine and I would like to think that this will help me access that talent once again. Maybe.

4) I find that sometimes I am addressing this to my readers (once again, not sure if there really ARE any) and sometimes I'm just writing a little bit of a monologue or just random thoughts. I'm not sure why some subjects require a direct address to the people at large, but that seems to be the case, so I guess my weirdness and OCD continues and those folks who know me are okay with that.:)

So, here I am. At home. With 4 cats, my computer, my Netflix, my workout program (hopefully), and my thoughts...what a world it is.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I'm reading - and enjoying your blog. And loving you. But I do have a request - can you make your font bigger? It's hard to read (maybe because I'm getting old...)
Congratulations to Robert - that is really awesome and I know he deserves it. Stay busy - knitting, redecorating, working out...whatever it takes! WE LOVE YOU!!!!