Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The CMA Festival






All I Have to say is THANK GOD for Country Music. I can't believe I'm saying that because I used to swear that I wouldn't ever LIKE country music, but, well, people change.:) I was just so amazed at the day and night difference between the honesty and personal comfort of the country music stars singing at this festival compared to the CRAP that was on the other night at the VMAs. Look at Gretchen Wilson: she has been really Big Famous for, what, 4 years? And last night she was still performing in a little bar in a tank top and jeans without her hair all styled up and with her country girl makeup. Faith Hill: beautiful in a simple vest, white T-shirt and Jeans singing about growing up in Mississippi. Even Keith Urban, with his bad rehab press, was just happy to be up there singing his songs-and, when they showed him meeting some fans, you knew he really WAS happy to meet them. Even Taylor Swift, who seemed so fake reading off of a prompter (maybe she just didn't want to be there?), came across as a person so very grateful for her fans and everything that she has been given by her career; she was sweet and I actually LIKED her for the first time. Then, my favorite, Kelly Pickler who is just so glad to be there, to be singing, and to be herself-she just makes me LAUGH because she can't be anything but herself.:) And Don't forget Dwight Yoakam-"the sexiest ugly man I know"-so my sister-in-law Janet says.

The great realization I had last night was this: pop stars (the smart ones) are starting to defect to Country music: Jewel and now Jessica Simpson...who WILL be next? How many more will there be?
Thank God for Good Music. Remind me I w
ant to go to the CMA Music Festival someday. And thank God for a sense of Fun: I love this photo of Sugarland making their way up to the stage!

No comments: