Thursday, September 25, 2008

...and then there was Schooner Fun!


Schooner Landing is as local as you can get in Damariscotta Maine; so local that Nick asked if Alex was cooking (and he was), so Nick said, "Just tell Alex to whip me up something special." I love it! Emily is one of my oldest friends and Nick was one of Cool Guys I had a total crush on when I was little.:) They are such a great couple and we all get along so well...it was a great dinner! Then everyone started showing up to see me and Robert and to hear Luke play...we were bombarded by people: Old friends, OLD OLD Friends, high school friends, best friends, our cousin Cassie drove up from Portland...even one of the folks I went to Australia and New Zealand with and our old elementary school computer teacher showed up to see Luke play! I felt so loved and was so proud to have so many people to show up and support Luke! It was so crazy because there were more people there to see Luke play than there were to see the other band he opened for who have been around New England for YEARS. AWESOME, huh? Mountains in the Moon and The Loblolly Boys rocked it OUT. There was dancing, there were lots of photos, there were hilarious comments about "great music" from Uncle Josh the Musical Genius. Luke even got to see some people he hadn't seen for years.I was so happy, we had so much fun, and I had my first Irish Car Bomb, which was actually really good. Still, I don't know how all these old friends continue to drink the same way we used to when we were 21. I felt like an old woman watching them take shot after shot after Jaeger bomb. Robert kept up, but I sure didn't.:)The night ended with a companionable closing of the bar at 1am (Robert didn't get this idea that the bar actually had to close at 1am) with my friend Jim (who is the bouncer) yelling, "GET OUT! We're CLOSED! Get out!" We all walked across the street to Boo's apartment where everyone parks, and split up-some to go to the after party-us to go upstairs to Boo's and sleep so we could get on the ferry the next day without puking our guts out. Boo and I got some bonding time and then some good sleep. Seriously, I was just so happy to see everyone come out for us and Luke. It was touching! It was awesome! I just loved it. Robert had to get some air before we went to sleep, but we both woke up to meet the new day with a great breakfast at the local breakfast place and just enough energy to make til rest on Sunday.:)

No comments: