Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pascagoula Country Club Ball-Mardi Gras 2009-Valentines Day "Love Boat" Theme


So, Robert's mom was in the ball at the Pascagoula Country Club and we all got tickets. It ended up being Me, Robert, Trent, Laura, Jenny, Bryan, Lanell and her boyfriend Darnell, and Sandy and Matthew showed up later...and it was SO MUCH FUN!
I haven't had this much fun since our wedding! Seriously, I was so carefree and happy and just felt great! I even danced some! I haven't laughed and smiled so much in so long...my face HURT from it! There wasn't anything really spectacular that happened, but I got to spend time with Robert's family and have fun and the fact that, for once, I wasn't tired or feeling sick was just great.
It made me realize how much I am going to miss some of my Southern Folk, though. I mean, granted, we don't have a great ball to go to every time we get together and I really don't see anyone that often because we are all so busy, but last night was the quintessential night of fun-just couldn't ask for anything more, you know? Singing "Paradise City" with Laura and Jenny at the top of our lungs at the end of the table, drinking Midori Sours from plastic fish cups, wearing ridiculous beads and leis, dancing without feeling stupid, watching Robert's mom have the time of her life and be the absolute coolest grandmother EVER! It was all just so great...sad to think I'll be missing it, but wonderful at the same time.

One of the top 10 nights of my life!




I WILL miss the South.

I Had to make a slide show because there were too many photos to choose from.

No comments: