Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Luke and Katy visit the coast

I can't believe that I didn't blog about Luke and Katy's gigs here on the Gulf Coast-I guess I was too distracted by the whole moving thing. So, anyway, The Loblolly Boy and Bearkat (as they are known) came to grace us with their musical talents...and I am not feeling very descriptive or elegant tonight, but I wanted to share some photos from the 2 nights they played...

first night in NOLA (at Neutral Ground Coffee House):



























































































Their 2nd gig was in Mobile (at The Alabama Music Box):
















They really are AMAZING together...the combination of so many instruments-do you see all of them in the photos? They play a box for a drum, a toy piano, something that is like a mini keyboard cazoo thingy, banjo, ukelele, and so much more! And their voices, the interesting and original sounds that they have both created...it is absolutely amazing.
Also, although I would LOVE for them to have played on each other's albums too, I absolutely enjoyed both of their CDs as well. The sound on "The Selfish Years" is so raw and original...WOW! Seriously, check it out, buy it, man. Also, Luke is blogging at:

http://theloblollyboy.blogspot.com/

Check it out! Support the music.:)

No comments: