Friday, February 6, 2009

Moving


This is the e-mail I sent out last week to let everyone know we are definitely moving to Maine...just wanted to commemorate the moment and note some of the most awesome responses to it, the best being from my Uncle Josh: "Fucking Awesome." I Love my family.

Hey Ya'll~! I know, it's been a long time since I have written one of these group e-mails, but now is the time, if no other. I'm sure some of you have heard inklings of an idea that Robert and I have been thinking about moving to Maine. Yes, we have been thinking, worrying, wondering, sweating, and fretting over it...and the sweating finally won out. We have officially decided to try to move to Maine sometime this spring. Every bit of the move depends on whether or not I will get a transfer within the company of Lowes because I really have no other job options up there, but I think it will happen. I put my transfer in last week and figure they will start hiring in April for their "100 days of hell" in their garden center/ISLG. I have recently been promoted to Department Manager of ISLG/Seasonal, so I'm hoping that I will be able to get a position in the same department, whether it is as Manager or not, I really don't care. Anyway, so that's what we are hoping for. Robert thinks he will be able to get a job in one of the shipyards along the coast and we are hoping to settle in the Brunswick/Bath area. We will be renting for a year, to see if we really CAN make it through the LONG winter (Robert assures me he has NO problem with the cold weather and I tell him that HE isn't the one I'm worried about!)...I'm hoping the beautiful summer will tide me over through the winter.:)

Yes, we will miss all those wonderful people that we have in the South: Robert's family, Dad and Lisa, our friends, my co-workers, but there are many people that I miss in Maine, too, and I miss the state of Maine, itself (which I never thought would happen). So, we hope that everyone understands that we are moving for US and will miss everyone terribly, but look forward with great excitement to spending time with those of you we will be closer to when we make it to Maine! Ah, the GREEN of the North and the summers that only get up to 80 degrees until August and the smell of the cool, coastal Maine air! We're on our way! Wish us luck! And y'all BETTER come visit us now, ya'hear?!
Love A*F,
Lane

No comments: