Sunday, August 30, 2009

A husband, a husband, why did I think I didn't want a husband?


Today my friend Liz came over to get some support after another breakup. I love her and it's so hard to see her sad and see another boy lose such a wonderful girl. In her wonderful way she called me on her way home to tell me how lucky I am, how much she loves my husband, and what a great cook he is...and I KNOW. I really, really know how lucky I am to have him despite his quick temper and his lack of patience in so many situations.:)

Case in Point: Robert came home from a night with his friends from work a couple of Fridays ago and sat down to tell me how much he loved me, to cuddle me in bed, to make sure that I was happy, that we always talk about everything, that we are never going to be one of those couples who is married, but not in love...and it was so wonderful to see that side of him-to know that he thought about it too-to know that he is willing and wanting to do everything it takes to be with me and for the both of us to be happy!
We stayed up until 2am that night because we couldn't stop talking...if we can do that 2 years in it's a good sign, isn't it? Even if we ARE a chubby couple...at least we're happy.:)

No comments: