Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hot and Cold

Literally...We have, after 2 weeks of heat, fallen back into 70 degree days and 45 degree nights of wonderful, humidity free weather...
I love living here because we have had 2 weeks of heat, but it has been bearable enough to NOT have to bring the AC out....can anyone down South imagine NOT using an AC for an entire summer? Especially when living with Robert? BUT we have done it and it has been so great. I come home and open my windows and just let the breeze go through! I was, really, only miserable for 3 days out of the entire summer because it was too hot...and I really only had to go sit on the patio to cool off. This, subsequently, made me realize that we need a storm/screen door on the back of the house so that we can ventilate through the ENTIRE house instead of just the front. My neighborhood is definitely safe enough for us to leave screens open while we are home, thank goodness.
This epiphany coincided quite well with the meeting with the landlords on re-signing our lease. We invited them over to take a look at the house-which they didn't even want to do, but I insisted (much to the chagrin and flurry of Robert because he felt we aren't clean enough, but that's a whole other story)...so they came over and they LOVED the way we have set up the house and are taking care of it-were willing to sign the lease for whatever we wanted! They are ready to sell us the house if we want it! And they were PERFECTLY willing to buy us a very nice Pella storm door for our back door.:) Awesome, right? RIGHT.
Robert installed the new door today with the help of myself and the coaching of our wonderful friend Liz while she sunned herself on our porch.:) It was a great day and only 1 claw has touched the screen so far, which is good. I don't see us ever buying this house in THIS neighborhood, but I am SO looking forward to living here for another year...
I've got my patio, my swing in my backyard, my storm door, my windows I can open, and my wonderful husband and cats to keep me company and keep me warm on these COOL August nights of 45 and 50 degrees.
What MORE could I ask for?

No comments: