Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old Port Fest 2009

Portland has a Festival every year where all the bars are open all day and all the radio stations have stages where musicians of all sorts play. The Old Port is the downtown area in Portland with cobblestones, shops, and BARS BARS BARS, so it's a lot of fun to close it down and have all kinds of booths and stages going at once. Of course, you still can't walk in the street with a drink...but there are plenty of places to stop at on the way.
Cassie and Stacey took us down and showed us a good time: we got to really SEE the Old Port and all the potential fun we can have there. We could live here for years and not have time to visit all the awesome looking bars and restaurants down there! Anyway, it was a lot of fun...

I got a glimpse of Elliot Yamin (American Idol) and got to see an HOUR of LIVE Dar Williams...I have always wanted to see her in concert and we got right up close to the stage and listened and sang along while the clouds thickened above us...but it's didn't rain until we got back to Cassie and Stacey's apartment at the end of the day.

I also got to see Deb, whom I haven't seen for 2 years! We took the long way around to go downtown so I could walk past her old apartment and see if she still lived there...and, after ringing her doorbell, yelling up at her window, and calling her...we finally got her to come down to say hi. OH how I have missed her and I was so glad to see her again! I love being able to re-connect with people! I also ran into my old friend Chris at the Old Port Fest as well...small world, huh?
Great day, great fun...we must do this every year.:)

No comments: