Saturday, August 30, 2008

ALLERGIES

As if I didn't have enough to worry about with the hurricane coming and work being so busy I have now developed an allergic reaction to something. It started on Tuesday with a few dots on my stomach, then Wednesday there were a few more and by the time I woke up Friday morning my entire torso, head, and right arm were liberally dusted with hives! Not that you want to see my stomach, but this is what they look like:
These photos were taken AFTER 8 hours of medication coursing through my body! Because we were so busy at work I decided I would stick it out and just be itchy until the benadryl kicked in, but it never did, so I finally decided to go to the emergency room (my doctor's office being closed) to get checked out. Emergency rooms being what they are they really had no diagonsis except an "A-topic dermatitis" or "bug bites". So, I came home with itch relief medication, strong anti-histamines, steroid pills, and more benadryl. Oh, and Lice soap just incase it was invisible bugs crawling over my body for the last 4 days (RIIIIGHT).
Even though I might be looking at an end to the itch I Felt horrible because the doctor told me I shouldn't work while being on all these medications cuz they will make me tired and loopy! I was determined to go to work anyway because we are too busy for me not to be there, but when I woke up this morning and took my medications it was all I could do to stare at the TV...and I STILL itch! Look at the weird patterns that the hives made:
But now that I've had medicine in my body for a while they hives are starting to fade...they STILL itch, but I'm making it through.:) The mystery question NOW is WHAT am I allergic to?
PS: the medicine is working without the bug cream, so no invisible bugs, thank GOD!

No comments: