Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Saving Grace"

Saving Grace is one of my all time favorite TV shows. It's scary, real, beautiful, frustrating, spiritual, inspiring, and full of everything that is a true life. Despite the fact that Grace is truly frustrating, this show gave me a hope and belief that nothing else has done in my life (except Robert) in the best 3 years. Needless to say I was very disappointed to find out that the show was ending this season. And so suddenly we were left with the prospect of 4 more episodes and no reasonable end in sight. Still, I had faith in the writers because they hadn't let me down so far, so why should they do it now?
The episode "I Need You to Call Earl" gave me hope that all would end with
some sort of resolution or new beginning for Grace, but, really, we were left with ridiculous surprise Death and a little bit of nothing for all the other characters. I get it: it started with her sister's death by fire by Hut Flanders so why not end with Grace's death by fire to Kill Hut Flanders, but, really? Does it have to be that way? It's just too sad. They could have left us hanging in another way: with her chasing Death down, maybe getting married to Ham, guiding Clay on his path... SOMETHING. But no. Almost makes me not want to buy the last season.

No comments: