Monday, July 27, 2009

Dad and Lisa visit


Apparently I'm a terrible blogger...I will probably be awesome at it this winter when I have nothing to do and Robert is down South earning money and enjoying the warmer weather...but for now I guess it will be just intermittent.

So, Dad and Lisa came to visit! Our first real guests to use our guestroom and to create a bathroom system that would keep us from walking in on each other due to the 1 bathroom and the lack of a lock on the original old door.:) I think I'm going to make a really professional little sign and laminate it.:)

We had a relaxing visit-dad and Lisa wisely split their time between us, cousins, and aunts and uncles which lead to no one being too overwhelmed and me not feeling bad because I couldn't take time off from work due to the necessity of having to do 2 overnights while dad and Lisa were here! PHEW! There was lots of seafood eaten and lots of visiting and just a lovely time had by all. PS: I Love my dad: look at this photo of him with the lobster!

It was awesome to see the Rockland Family all together...Robert and I have officially met all the new family members except for Kathryn and the kids (Corey's wife). What a relief that is! It still amazes me how easily Robert steps into a group because, we all know it, the Kalloch family is strong willed, opinionated and loves to get attention...I wasn't sure how this would go over, but, apparently 70% of the family is Republican, so Robert got along with them just fine and talked about other stuff with all the Crazy Tree Huggers who are like me.:) I forget how much fun it is to have such a large family sometimes. Why do we always remember the negative things over the positive? Like, why do I always think about how Mom and Amanda don't get along when, really, they will get along just fine in a family setting? I need to be more positive because I just had so much fun with everyone...seeing how they have grown and changed (mostly for the better!) and come into their own in life. It's great to see how everyone has accepted Cassie for her choices in life, to see Nikki finally ready to settle down, to see Michael deservedly happy with a beautiful wife and (almost) 2 children...life is good.
So, it's been a tiring, but lovely week.

No comments: