Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friday Memories...

I haven't done this one for a while, but I thought I needed to make a little note here. I've been traveling for a bunch of training sessions for doors and windows since I started at Lowes in Brunswick and one of those trips took us through Lewiston/Auburn. It was the weirdest feeling to be driving up 196 like I used to when I went up there to go to school 3 times a week. It really hasn't changed much, but the funny thing was that it wasn't scary for me anymore. I used to stress so much about driving in Lewiston-especially in the winter time. I also used to think the town was so ugly, which it is, but I had such a different perspective as a visitor. Of course, the main drag of 196 going into downtown Lewiston is still the most getting 4 lane inhabited road that you can ever drive on, but downtown really isn't all that bad anymore. We drove by the mill that I used to go to CPACM (I don't remember what the letters stand for anymore, but that was the name of my photography school) and it looked just the same...except I had totally forgotten about the AWESOME Italian restaurant that was downstairs! GOD they had some good pizza. I had also totally forgotten about the Country Kitchen bread factory that is right there downtown and I flashed back to walking out of the building at 10pm to the awesome smell of fresh baking bread...mmmmm. Yum.
I've been running into these little memories all over the place, but don't have enough presence of mind to remember all of them, so I wanted to get this one.:) College wasn't all just long drives, late nights, ghetto parking, and slightly bad teaching, was it?

No comments: