Friday, January 16, 2009

Rock Me Sexy Jesus


So, this movie is interesting because the movie itself is funny, odd, but funny, and slightly touching, and really depressing in parts, but the POINT of the movie is that we can all come together and be ourselves and there will always be someone there to help us and support us and the people who crap on our lives will eventually disappear or come around. That's what I got from the movie...and I managed to ignore the character of Dana in his mental breakdown-ness and Katherine Keener (because I just don't like her) to come to those conclusions.

But the reason I loved this movie was because of the play that it revolved around. Unfortunately, the play doesn't even get shown that much except at the very end. The
play is about all the things we hide from in the world-how we can find good in everything and how everything can be changed by whatever means we can find. It mocks religion, love, family, trust, rape...and everything you can think of. BUT it makes sure that the world knows that it's not cynicism, it's all about showing people NOT to be cynical! It's just awesome. I wish there really WAS a play called Hamlet 2 because it really revealed so MUCH!
Also, Elizabeth Shue was hilarious in her guest role..."that's the Crane." GREAT! I can see why it got a lot of bad reviews, but I am glad I saw past it and it woke me up from being sleepy-if a movie can do that then it is good!

No comments: